It’s fast and easy to stay engaged in your child’s education with the new Stillwater Central School District app for use on smart phones and tablets!
The app is designed to be a one-stop destination for the district’s most sought-after information for parents, students, staff and the community — all from the home screen of your smart phone or tablet. Designed in collaboration with SchoolMessenger, the district’s custom app will offer news, alerts, calendar information, sports information, parent portal and account management for food service, lunch menus and access to social media.
Anyone can download the free app from the Google Play Store for Android devices or the App Store for iOS/Apple.
Download the app
Follow these easy steps to download the district app:
- Visit the applicable app store for your device.
- Search for “Stillwater Central School District”
- Select the free app called, “Stillwater Central School Disrict” (with our logo)
- Click on the “install” icon.
Customize the App for Your Child’s School
Once you’ve installed and opened the district app, district information is provided automatically under the “news” and “calendar” tabs. To see events for specific schools, customize your app by following these steps:
- Open the district app.
- Select the icon for “settings.”
- Tap the circular tab to the right of each school building for which you’d like to see information.
- The tab color will change to blue when it is activated.
Explore the App
The following features can be found by selecting the applicable icon on the district app main menu. After selecting most features, you can return to the main menu screen by tapping the arrow symbol at the top of the screen.
- News – Find district and school news stories.
- Calendar – Access district and school events information.
- My School Bucks – Login to your child’s account and pay for school meals.
- Parent Portal – Open the Parent Portal website to access all features of the SchoolTool Parent Portal such as report cards, discipline records, attendance and more.
- Sports schedules – Find sports schedules on the athletics web page.
- Menus – Download menus for school cafeterias.
- Schools – Find addresses, maps, phone numbers and websites.
- Notifications – Receive special alerts sent via School Messenger through the app.
- Settings – Customize the district app. After downloading the app, your settings should automatically include “district” alerts, but you can also adjust your settings to receive alerts by school building.
- Social media – Links for district pages on Facebook and Twitter