The Saratoga County Department of Health in partnership with the Capital Region Pharmacy will hold a vaccine booster clinic for individuals who’ve already received two doses of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine on or before May 4, 2021, at the auditorium entrance of Stillwater High School on Thursday, Nov. 4, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
To register: Visit https://www.saratogacountyny.gov/ or call 518-693-1075. You will need to bring your vaccination card and a form of identification.
The clinic is open to education workers and community members who meet the above Pfizer vaccination criteria and qualify with any of the following underlying conditions:
- Cancer (current or in remission, including 9/11-related cancers)
- Chronic kidney disease*
- Pulmonary disease, limited to chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), asthma (moderate to severe), pulmonary fibrosis, cystic fibrosis, tuberculosis, and 9/11 related pulmonary diseases
- Intellectual and developmental disabilities including Down Syndrome
- Heart conditions, including but not limited to heart failure, coronary artery disease, cardiomyopathies, or hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) including but not limited to solid organ transplant or from blood or bone marrow transplant, immune deficiencies, HIV, use of corticosteroids, use of other immune weakening medicines, or other causes
- Severe obesity: body mass index ((BMI) 40 kg/m2 or higher)*, obesity: (BMI of 30 kg/m2 or higher but < 40 kg/m2)*, overweight (BMI of 25 kg/m2 or higher but < 30kg/m2)
- Pregnant or recently pregnant
- Sickle cell disease or thalassemia
- Type 1 or 2 diabetes mellitus*
- Cerebrovascular disease (affects blood vessels and blood supply to the brain)
- Neurologic conditions including but not limited to Alzheimer’s disease or dementia
- Liver disease limited to cirrhosis, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, alcoholic liver disease, or autoimmune hepatitis
- Current or former smoker
- Substance use disorder
- Mental health disorders limited to mood disorders including depression, schizophrenia spectrum disorders.
* indicates underlying conditions with evidence for pregnant and non-pregnant individuals