Consistent with applicable law and privacy policies, staff and families should self-report to the school if they or their student have symptoms of COVID-19, a positive test for COVID-19, or were exposed to someone with COVID-19 within the last 14 days in accordance with health information sharing regulations for COVID-19. The District will notify staff, families, and the public of school closures and any restrictions in place to limit COVID-19 exposure (e.g., limited hours of operation).
Ill students and staff will be assessed by the school nurse. If the school nurse is not available, the ill student or staff will be sent home for a follow up with a health care provider.
The District has worked with the Saratoga County Department of Health to determine protocols for reporting suspected illness, confirmed cases and contact tracing efforts. The District has been advised to immediately notify the DOH at 518-885-2276 when:
- A child arrives at school with a fever and is isolated until parent pick-up
- A child presents with a fever during the school day and is isolated until parent pick-up
- A parent reports that his/ her child is home with a fever
- A parent reports that a child has been tested for COVID-19
- A student has been diagnosed with a positive COVID-19 test result
If a positive case has been identified, The District will follow all DOH recommendations regarding limiting exposure, school closure,cleaning and disinfecting, etc.
Background: Under the current climate of Human Coronavirus and executive order to develop a reopening plan, we have been provided the charge of formatting and following a successful plan to provide a safe, clean and disinfected campus for students, faculty and staff and to provide a positive educational experience.
Purpose: In association with administration, the Facilities Management team will act as a first line of defense in the overall care and custody of the campus and to verify cleanliness and safety, including but not limited to:
- Increased awareness regarding cleaning and disinfecting services
- Assuring PPE is in place as supplies are available to us
- Utilizing days of decreased occupancy to support deep cleaning services
- Verifying our HVAC systems are utilized when and as appropriate to help this cause
Outcomes: After careful review of issued items by the CDC, WHO, NYSDOH, WSWHE BOCES and in consultation with the Administrative Council of Stillwater CSD, the Facilities Management department has come up with the following recommendations and procedures to verify our success:
Procure the necessary items to verify compliance. These items include but are not limited to:
- Cleaning supplies
- Paper products
- Equipment including HEPA vacuums, steam cleaners, disposal and reusable cloths and wipes
- Barricades and traffic control devices
- Hands free dispensing items where practical and as available
- Other items as deemed necessary
Provide support to Food Service and Transportation as needed or required:
- Procure items as required or recommended
- Provide operational recommendations and support as requested or required
- Conduct normal operational needs
- Verify processes are fulfilled in association to the directors of those areas
- Review products or services from directors of other areas and provide overview and support as needed or required
Conduct operations in alignment with directives outlined in jurisdictional review
- Normal facilities cleaning and stewardship operations
- Compliance with 2020 Building Conditions Survey and visual inspection
- Lead in Water Testing as required by NYSDOH
- Exact preventative maintenance operations on all HVAC/R equipment and utilize outside air as available
- Review PPE and sanitizers/disinfectants daily
- Installed sanitizers will alcohol-based hand sanitizer dispensers in accordance with FCNYS 2020
- Conduct deep cleaning and disinfecting operations as outlined in our district plan to verify a safe and clean environment
- Review signage and verify it is in tact and free of pulling or hazards
- Communicate with faculty and administration to verify products needed are of adequate supply and no additional needs are required
- Continue limited project work as time allows and as directed
- Document and log activities as directed and required
- Report any deficiencies to management immediately upon inspection and routine review
- There are no space changes or additions/ installations of dividers that require OFP review
- Existing number of toilet and sink fixtures meet minimum standards of the BCNYS
- Verification of one touch-free drinking fountain per 100 occupants
Elementary Grades Universal Pre-Kindergarten through grade 5
UPK through 1st grade students, special education students and English Language Learners: in person every day.
Kindergarten and first grade classes will be split to accommodate social distancing requirements which allow for students to remove masks during instruction.
Grades 2 through 5: in person on an A/B schedule by group while following the guidance as outlined by DOH and NYSED. Students will report on their assigned days. For example:
- Group A Week 1: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday
- Group B Week 1: Tuesday, Friday
- Group A Week 2: Monday, Thursday
- Group B Week 2: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday
When students are not in the building, they are participating via Google Classroom or other applications.
- Elementary families will be assigned the same Group (A or B)
- Special area teachers will go to the classrooms to provide specials
- Two classrooms each day per grade will eat in the cafeteria. This will allow for proper social distancing
Special Education students and English Language Learners will report daily.
Middle School Grades 6 through 8:
6th grade: The grade split in half and on-site Monday [A day] & Thursday [B day] or Tuesday [A day] & Friday [B day], following the regular period schedule for that letter day. Sixth graders with siblings in 7th or 8th grade will be scheduled for the same day. Students take all cores, specials in classrooms although band/chorus will be offered virtually when students are not on campus. Wednesday will be reserved for office hours, additional small group instruction and homebound student instruction.
7th grade: on-site Monday & Thursday for 4 cores, virtual Tuesday & Friday for all non-core classes including specials, AIS and World Language. Wednesday will be reserved for virtual office hours and additional small group instruction.
8th grade: on-site Tuesday & Friday for 4 cores, virtual Monday & Thursday for all non-core classes including specials, AIS and World Language. Wednesday will be reserved for virtual office hours and additional small group instruction.
High School Grades 9 through 12
- Monday in person instruction for English, Social Studies, Math, Science
- Remote Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday following printed 9 period schedule
- Tuesday in person instruction for English, Social Studies, Math, Science
- Remote Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday following printed 9 period schedule
- Thursday in person instruction for English, Social Studies, Math, Science
- Remote Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday following printed 9 period schedule
- Friday in person instruction for English, Social Studies, Math, Science
- Remote Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday following printed 9 period schedule
All classes, except English, Social Studies, Math and Science taught remotely following printed schedules.
Wednesdays: No students in the building. This day will be for remote learning.
4 period schedule — 80 minutes
- Period 1: 7:30 – 8:50 a.m.
- 8:50 – 9:10: Hall Passing/Clean Room/Common Areas
- Period 2: 9:10 – 10:30
- 10:30 -11:15: Lunch/Clean Room/Common Areas and Food Service Waste Disposal
- Period 3: 11:20 – 12:40
- 12:40 – 12:59: Hall Passing/Clean Room/Common Areas
- Period 4: 12:59 – 2:19
School/Community Stakeholder Team Participants:
Patricia Morris, Scott Messineo, Carolyn Manzella, Rebecca Toleman, Timothy Hulihan, Michael Johnson, Clint Froschauer, Christopher Lynch, Ed Travis, Seth Tolbert, Jeff Donaldson, Joan Hopeck, Tom Murphy, Cathy Ryan, Matt LeMoyne, Deanna Sargent, Jennifer Oliver-Goodwin, Lyndsey Gannon, Jodi Powers, Vicki Schuette, Nichole Weber, Amy Coffey, Emily Malinowski, Jim Iacketta, Sean Leonard, Lisa Bohley, Ben Thackston, Meghan Pickett, Monica Perniciaro, Karina Ramirez, Ian Lewis, Bridgett Cole, Diana Miller, Jennifer Bizan, Mikal Benamati, Kiki Wagner, Sherri Dockum, Anna Contorsi, Robbi Kennedy, Patti DeCota, Carrie Urdang, Amy Carpenter, Rachel Fridholm, Sue Staulters, Mary Ellen Mamone, Patrick Foxton, Jennifer McGuire, Carolyn O’Brien, Teresa Cutler, Renee Callanan, Elizabeth Retell, Danielle Wright, Ben Thackston, Lisa Miller, Jennifer O’Brien, Kim Cook, Dave Cook, Angie Robinson, Victoria Heflin, Kathleen Scarchilli, Michael Kinney, Adele Reilly, Jonathan Rychcik, Donna Dworak, Amanda Bornt, Marla Scarchilli, Rebecca Wlazlo, Sue O’Malley, Renee Price, Sam Bloem, Nena Greene, Amanda Cocozzo, Justin McFarlane