Tax rates for the four municipalities in the district are set each August. They are based on the tax levy for the year and final municipal assessments for each of the towns. Tax rates vary between the towns because property in each is assessed at different levels in relation to full market value. The state assigns each town an equalization rate to fairly divide the tax levy between the towns. The district does not control any part of the assessment or equalization process. The current (2019-20) tax rates are as follows:
- 2018-19 School Tax Rate: $14.20
- 2019-20 School Tax Rate: $14.29
- 2018-19 School Tax Rate: $12.85
- 2019-20 School Tax Rate: $12.93
- 2018-19 School Tax Rate: $606.23
- 2019-20 School Tax Rate: $610.12
- 2018-19 School Tax Rate: $54.93
- 2019-20 School Tax Rate: $57.74
* Tax rates are per $1,000 of assessed property value.
For information about STAR exemptions, visit the STAR website or call 518-457-2036.
The tax rates differ between the towns because, as is often the case in school districts that span multiple municipalities, properties in different communities are assessed at varying levels in relation to full-market value. The state assigns each town an “equalization rate” in an effort to fairly distribute the amount of taxes each town must pay.