Dear Middle and High School Families,
In light of the governor’s announcement that schools will remain closed for the remainder of the academic school year, we would like to provide additional details about the fourth quarter, the last day of school, and some of our annual spring events. Please read the following important information:
Fourth Quarter, Final Grades & Summer School
- The end of the 4th quarter will be June 5, 2020. Report cards will be mailed home the week of June 22.
- Students with a passing three quarter average of 65 or greater and either a pass or pass with distinction in the fourth quarter will earn a final numerical grade in the course.
- Students with a passing three quarter average of 65 or greater and an incomplete in the fourth quarter may receive an incomplete for a final grade. Students would need to attend summer school to complete the course to attain credit or repeat the course.
- Students with a three quarter average less than 65= course failure. Students would need to attend summer school to attain credit or repeat the course.
- Summer school will be conducted virtually due to social distancing guidelines.
Any student who is returning to Stillwater CSD for the 2020-21 school year, and who borrowed a chromebook, is encouraged to keep the device over the summer and explore their own educational interests. Any student who is graduating or moving out of the district is expected to return their chromebook, or they can expect to receive a bill for the device.
Students will have the opportunity to collect their belongings from their lockers and physical education lockers during the week of June 8-11.
Students are able to come any time from 8 a.m.- 1 p.m. on their designated day. Below you will find your designated day by last name:
- Monday, June 8 – Last Name: Abbott – Dyer
- Tuesday, June 9 – Last Name: Eafrato – Macica
- Wednesday, June 10 – Last Name: Mack – Robichaud
- Thursday, June 11 – Last Name: Romanovsky – Zuzick
Everyone must abide by the following rules:
- Only students will be allowed in the building.
- Students must bring and wear a mask at all times.
- Students are expected to practice social distancing guidelines at all times.
- All students must enter using the Lilac Gym entrance.
- Students will not be able to use the restrooms.
- Students are expected to enter and exit school as quickly as possible.
- Students should stay home if they are not feeling well.
Please bring the following:
- Any outstanding library books and all textbooks.
- Any athletic uniforms (bagged and labeled with sport and student name).
- Be sure to bring a bag or backpack for all of your personal items from your lockers.
Middle School Spring Events
- As you may have already seen in a prior message from Superintendent Morris, all middle school events with the exception of our 8th Grade Moving Up Ceremony have been cancelled. The 8th Grade Moving Up Ceremony will be done virtually and will be posted on the district’s website on Wednesday, June 24.
- The National Junior Honor Society induction ceremony will be held in the fall of 2020 when the application process can be completed.
- We are hoping to have the middle school yearbook distribution coincide with locker clean-out in June pending their arrival date.
High School Spring Events
- High school yearbook distribution will take place early June. More information will be sent out at a later date.
- High school graduation will take place on Saturday, June 27. Superintendent Morris shared an update on graduation with families on Tuesday. More information can be found here. Senior Awards will be incorporated with the graduation ceremony.
- A virtual National Honor Society has been completed and will be available for students and families on the district’s website. We will send out a link to families once it is posted.
- Unfortunately, the high school prom has been cancelled in compliance with the governor’s executive order.
As always, please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions.
Middle School Principal
Dr. Michael Johnson
High School Principal