The district recently moved from the SNN email platform to a communications system known as School Messenger. This system will provide families and community members with important announcements and timely alerts through email, text and phone calls when necessary. There are alerts for emergencies, general news, PTA news, board of education news and athletics. The district will primarily communicate through email and will only use text messages and phone calls for emergencies or other time sensitive events.
All families with a student enrolled at Stillwater, as well as staff members, will automatically receive school news and emergency notifications, as long as you have an accurate email and cell phone number on file with the district. If you are a parent or a staff member who would like to receive PTA, Athletics, or Board of Education notifications, you will need to set up your account and check off those boxes. (More information below)
Parents and staff members are connected to the system through the SchoolTool parent portal, while residents need to sign-up to receive messages at https://asp.schoolmessenger.com/stillwatercentral/subscriber/
Additional Information for Parents/Staff Members
Parents and staff members do not need to go through the sign-up process outlined below. Parents of Stillwater students and staff members are already connected to the system through the student management system. However, if you would like to receive text messages for emergencies, you must have your mobile phone number in our system. If you are unsure of what number is on file, please call the main office of your child’s school.
If you would like to receive PTA, Athletics, or Board of Education notifications, you will need to create an account and check off those additional boxes. Parents and staff members can manage which notifications they are receiving by signing up here using the email the school has on file for you. (Click sign up in the upper right hand corner). You will be asked for a password. At this time, you will create a password of your choice. Once logged in, you can check off your preferences.
Information and Sign-up Instructions for Community Members
We encourage community members to sign-up to receive messages from the district! If you do not currently have children in Stillwater, you will need to go through the registration process below. This will allow you to select the types of messages you wish you receive.
Community members can create an account by clicking on the School Messenger link on this website: https://asp.schoolmessenger.com/stillwatercentral/subscriber/
Once there, follow these steps:
- Select the link that says “First Time User? Sign-Up Now.” Fill in the form to create an account.
- You will receive an e-mail with instructions and a link to activate the account.
- Once you have activated your account, you will be brought to a screen with the heading “Notification Preferences.” On the lower portion of this screen, please select the notifications you would like to receive and click “save.” To receive text alerts on snow days, you must select “Weather,” follow step #4 after you select “save.”
- To receive texts, click “Add More” under your e-mail address in the “Contact Area.” Select “SMS text” and enter the number of your phone that is equipped to receive text messages. The system will guide you through the steps, including making a confirmation phone call.
Note: As part of step #4, you can also choose to receive phone calls that are sent out by the district. Phone calls will be infrequent. Snow day alerts will go out via text and e-mail only.
- Once you have completed this phone call, click “Done.” You will be brought to a screen that displays your contact and notification preferences.
- Hold on to your username and password in a secure manner so that you can log back into the system in case you need to change your notifications or contact information at any time.
Keeping your information up-to-date
If any of your contact information changes at any time, please contact your child’s school so it can be updated in the SchoolTool system. If your information is not up-to-date, you will not receive notifications from the district.
If you have any questions, please contact the district communications specialist, Sam Bloem, at firstname.lastname@example.org.