Dear Stillwater Community,
Again, I want to thank you for your continued patience as we navigate this interesting time. Things are changing daily and we are doing our best to keep our community informed. I wanted to update you on the latest information in regards to access to the building to pick up materials, the process for picking up Chromebooks for online instruction and an update from Food Services. Please read this entire message so that you do not miss any important information.
It is important to note, if you are experiencing ANY of the following symptoms, DO NOT come to the school:
- Shortness of breath
- We want to remind you that students can use ANY device that connects to the internet to access Google classroom and school Gmail accounts, which will be the primary means of instruction. This includes iPads, tablets, phones, computers, laptops, etc. You do not need to use a district Chromebook to access email and Google classroom.
- If a family does not have a device to access instructional materials, they will be distributed on Wednesday, March 18 between 8:30 a.m.- 2:30 p.m.
- Elementary school pick up will be at elementary main entrance
- Middle/high school pick up will be at the Lilac gym lobby
Access to the School Buildings
- If MS/HS students need any essential personal belongings from their lockers or need to pick up their musical instrument, they will only be allowed to retrieve them at the above time as well. Only students will be allowed to go to their lockers through the Lilac gym lobby entrance.
- After 2:30 p.m. tomorrow, Wednesday, March 18, building access will be limited to school personnel ONLY in an effort to minimize the spread of the virus.
The district is committed to providing free breakfast and lunch to any current student in the Stillwater Central School District beginning Tuesday, March 17. After Tuesday, March 17, meals may be picked up at the high school, in the bus circle from 10 a.m. to noon on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Each pickup will provide two days’ worth of meals (for example: On Monday, you will be picking up breakfast and lunch for Monday and Tuesday.)
If you plan to pick up meals, please email our Food Service Manager Joan Hopeck at email@example.com or call at (518) 373-6100, ext. 30513 by 9:30 a.m. on the day of pick-up. Things you will need to specify the following:
- If there is an allergy in your house;
- How many students you are picking up for; or
- If you plan to pick-up for the entire duration of the closure.
If you are unable to pick up meals please contact Joan Hopeck at the above contact information to arrange for delivery. When you come to pick up meals, please do not enter the building. We will bring the meals out to you.
Social/Emotional Support Resources
We have added some social/emotional support resources on our “Coronavirus Updates and Resources” page on our district website. We will continue to add to these resources as we find more that would be helpful to our families. As always, our school counselors are available to speak with families and their contact info can be found on the social/emotional resources page as well.
More to Come
As you can see, many things are changing and will continue to change as the days go by. We are committed to keeping you informed as often as possible. As always, if you have any questions, please reach out to your building principal or my office.
I truly appreciate all of your support. #WeAreStillwater
Superintendent of Schools