Winter high-risk sports on pause and will not begin Monday, Feb. 1

Today, Friday, Jan. 29, it was announced by Saratoga County announced that high-risk winter sports are on pause and will not begin on Monday, Feb. 1. The county released guidance and requirements for the resumption of higher-risk sports, which can be found here.

The 7-day rolling average percent positivity in the county, as calculated by NYSDOH, must be at or below 4.0% in order for these sports to take place. If the 7-day rolling average percent positivity is above 4.0%, then activities must be restricted to individual or distanced group training or organized no/low-contact group training.

The current 7-day rolling average positivity rate is above 6%, which prevents us from starting high-risk winter sports on Monday, Feb 1. At this time, we do not have full clearance to hold practices or competitions.

As we mentioned on Thursday, students are still able to sign up for sports at this time via FamilyID, should we have a season. More information can be found here.

We will keep families updated if there are any changes. If you have any questions, please contact Athletic Director Mike Kinney at