Spring is here – which means our end of the year activities are about to begin! I wanted to take this time to share some important information regarding this year’s Class Day and Senior Prom.
Also, new this year, there will be a pre-prom workshop on Tuesday, May 7 at 2:30 p.m. in the high school cafeteria highlighting skin care, make-up, health and wellness.
Class Day will be held on the morning of the prom on Friday, May 10. All students should be attendance. Underclassmen will be treated to a breakfast by Student Government. A variety of Class Day activities have been planned by the junior class. All high school students will be dismissed at 11 a.m.
- Period 1 will take place as normal. At 8:30 a.m., anyone attending prom, as well as all seniors and juniors, will go to the auditorium for a Students Against Destructive Decisions (SADD) presentation. After the presentation, senior class advisors will talk to the prom attendees about what to expect for the evening. They will also go over what to do at Walk-Thru.
- Prom attendees will be dismissed between 10:15 – 10:30 am.
- Prom attendees need to be back at school for Walk-Thru by 4 p.m. to start lining up. Walk-Thru will start promptly at 4:15 p.m.
- After Walk-Thru, prom attendees will make their way to Mallozzi’s in Schenectady, where prom will be held from 6-10 p.m.
- 6 -7 p.m.: Social Hour
- 7 – 10 p.m.: Dinner and Dancing
- 10 p.m.: Those who are attending After-Prom will head to the Spare Time Bowling Alley in Clifton Park. Students are required to be at After-Prom by 11 p.m. There will be many activities, along with entertainment, food and prizes. If you would like to donate baked goods or gift cards for prizes, please contact Miss Cimino at email@example.com or Miss Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After-Prom will end at 1:30 a.m., and at that time transportation will be provided to bring students back to the high school. Once back at the high school, students may either drive home or be picked up by a parent/guardian.
As always, if you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com or call (518) 373-6100, ext. 30002.
Dr. Michael Johnson
High School Principal