Voters approve 2021-22 budget and concession stand, elect 4 to Board, approve library propositions
Stillwater residents approved a proposed $28.7 million budget for 2021-22 school year by a vote of 269 to 99 on May 18, 2021.
They also approved by a vote of 248 to 117 a proposition to construct a concession stand at the high school, and elected Jon Mueller (258 votes), Paul “Butch” Lilac (241 votes) and Jimel Williams (237 votes) to serve three-year terms on the Board of Education and Shay Williams (222 votes) to serve a two-year term on the board.
Residents also approved propositions placed on the ballot by the Stillwater Public Library. Read the full article.
2021-22 Budget Information
- 2021-22 Line by Line Budget
- 2021-22 Required School District Budget Notice
- 2021-22 Budget Book
- 2021 Property Tax Report Card
- 2021-22 Proposed Budget May 4, 2021 Presentation
- May 2021 Budget Newsletter
Budget development timeline
- Nov. 2021 – Jan. 2022: Administration and Board of Education work to develop a draft budget for the 2022-23 school year
- February: Preliminary 2022-23 budget forecast presented to Board of Education
- March: Board of Education reviews draft budgets for operational and general support, debt service and employee benefits, instructional and special education
- Mar. 30 – Apr. 3: Legal notice of school budget hearing and vote published
- Apr. 18: Deadline for submission of Board of Education candidate nomination petitions
- Apr. 12: Board adopts 2022-23 school year proposed budget
- Apr. 25: Budget document available for the public
- Early May: Budget notice mailed to voters
- May 10: Public budget hearing
- May 17: Annual budget vote and Board of Education candidates election